We recommend you dress for the weather! If it’s sunny, you won’t want a rain jacket over a sweater, but if it’s a bit chilly or damp, you will! A caveat… conditions can change and having backup layers packed can come in handy if it does!
Pick clothes that you can move around in and be active in. So, jeans would be a bad idea – wear leggings or non-restrictive shorts. Check out Deep Cove Kayak’s gear for colder weather paddling if you paddling in Spring or Fall.
We will push you out from the beach and bring you back in, but, do be prepared to get wet. Bringing a towel and a change of clothes is a good idea whenever paddling.
- secure wet footwear, if you don’t have booties or watershoes then wear something like running shoes that you don’t mind getting wet.
- A non-cotton toque if it’s chilly, or a big hat if it’s sunny.
- Sunglasses with strap. If you wear prescription glasses we also recommend using a strap.
- Insulating long sleeved non-cotton top and bottoms which will keep you warm even if they get wet.
- Water bottle.
- Towel, and a change of clothes for after your paddle.
Wetsuits and paddling tops are available for an additional rental fee.
Please be aware that we have limited space at our shop. Please leave valuables at home or in your vehicle, or bring along a drybag.
- Camera (waterproof, or in waterproof case)
- Treats (for staff who are helpful…okay now we’ve gone too far!)