Weekends: June – August
10:00am – 12:00pm
Surfskis are a fun, exciting and sporty craft, designed originally for surf lifesaving and now primarily used for fitness paddling and ocean racing. This course will give you the skill to safely paddle and maneuver a surfski in sheltered waters.
- Surfski features and design
- Safety Equipment Overview
- Forward Stroke Efficiency
- Manoeuvring Strokes
- Bracing strokes
- Falling Off and Remounting from the water
- Picking an appropriate location to paddle
- Basic weather, tide and current interpretation
Cates Park Paddling Centre reserves the right to cancel any program at any time.
To know what to wear or what to bring with you, check out our ‘What to bring’ guide.