9:00am – 12:00pm
- Junior Level 1 or 2, Coastal Camp, Teen Camp or equivalent paddling experience (at least 3 days paddling their own kayak)
- At least 4 feet 4 inches tall
This program is designed for kids ages 10-16 with paddling experience in kayaks, who are looking for a new and exciting experience on the water! Surfskis are open-cockpit kayaks that are lighter, faster and more performance-oriented. Cates Park Paddling Centre now has brand-new fleet of youth-specific surfskis! Throughout the week our experienced instructors will lead games and activities so participants will learn:
- how to manoeuvre their ski effectively.
- how to remount their ski from the water and help others remount.
- about ocean safety: equipment, tides and currents, weather, and safe group travel.
- how to paddle forward efficiently.
- how to ride waves.
Cates Park Paddling Centre reserves the right to cancel any program at any time.
To know what to wear or what to bring with you, check out our ‘What to bring’ guide.